Can I submit my permit/plan/plat electronically?

The most common permits are submitted, processed and approved electronically via a web-based permit system. Right-of-way, land disturbance/VSMP and over dimensional (hauling) permit applications are filled out using the permit system and required documents are attached to the application submittal. Bonds (or other forms of surety) must be original documents along with a couple other documents that must have original signatures. These documents can be mailed or delivered to the  Development Services Permit office, 2nd Floor, 2400 Washington Avenue, Newport News, 23607. If you have any questions, please contact the Permit office at or 757-933-2311.

Show All Answers

1. What do I need to do to connect to city sewer?
2. Does the Planning Department take credit cards for payment?
3. Can I submit my permit/plan/plat electronically?
4. Where is the Development Services Division office located?
5. What are the Development Services office hours?