New site offers citizens more functionality with additional features to come
MEDIA CONTACT: Kim Lee, Media Relations Coordinator, 757-926-3685
The City of Newport News today launched a new and completely revamped website along with a new web address, or URL – www.nnva.gov. A .gov address better identifies to visitors that this is the official website for the City of Newport News.
New website features include:
- a livelier, more vibrant look and feel along with a cleaner layout that is easier to navigate;
- an updated design that is responsive for all devices (i.e., the page adjusts to fit various devices);
- a NotifyMe function that allows citizens to subscribe based on their interests to news, events, and city alerts; and
- an improved property search function, scheduled to go live on Friday, October 10th.
“The last major update to our website was in 2007 and web technology has changed dramatically since then,” said City Manager Jim Bourey. “We are excited about this new website and the opportunities it will provide for increasing community engagement and enhancing the communication between residents and the City.”
Additional features that will come on board over the next few months include:
- a mobile application for both iOS and Android;
- integrated agenda management;
- more online forms and services; and
- 311 livechat and FAQs.
The old web address will continue to function, redirecting visitors to the new URL; however, some bookmarks that visitors may have moved. Email addresses for city employees will also be changing over the next few weeks to @nnva.gov, but the old @nngov.com email address will still be valid.