On April 30, 2020 at 10:00 AM the Newport News Electoral Board will hold an electronic conference call meeting, hosted at the Office of the General Registrar located at 2400 Washington Ave., 6th floor, Newport News, VA 23607. The said meeting will be held pursuant to the authority given by City Council in Ordinance No. 7613-20 to conduct such electronic meetings, due to COVID-19 Crisis. Although the public will not be permitted in-person access to the meeting, minutes of the meeting will be posted on the City’s website and the public may contact the Office of the Registrar by mail or email (firstname.lastname@example.org) prior to the meeting with comments or concerns.
Expected to Attend
- Electoral board:
- Jonell McFadden, chair
- Wendell Barbour, vice chair
- Deloris Thomas, secretary
- Registrar’s office:
- Vicki Lewis, director of elections
- Lisa Dunn, election coordinator
- ity Attorney’s office:
- Lynn A. Spratley, deputy city attorney for Newport News
- Call to order
- Motion to enter closed meeting pursuant to Va. Code Sec. 2.2-3711.A.(19) to review and approve the Voting System Security Plan
- Certification of closed meeting pursuant to Va. Code Sec. 2.2-3712.D.