News Flash Home
The original item was published from 2/12/2019 8:15:16 AM to 2/19/2019 12:00:02 AM.
Posted on: February 12, 2019
[ARCHIVED] Presidents Day Closing Information
- City Offices – closed Monday, February 18
- Libraries – closed Monday, February 18
- Garbage, recycling and bulk waste collections – No collections on Monday, February 18. All collections for the week will be delayed one day, i.e., Monday's collections will take place on Tuesday, Tuesday's on Wednesday, Wednesday's on Thursday, and Thursday's on Friday.
- Recovery Operations Center (i.e., landfill) – closed Monday, February 18
- Peninsula Regional Animal Shelter (serves the residents of Newport News, Hampton, Poquoson and York County) – open for adoptions 12-5 on February 18; reunite lobby open daily from 8 AM – 5 PM for owner surrenders, reclaims and stray drop offs.