Newport News Now is a daily e-newsletter that launched in March 2016. Articles that ran in our newsletter between March 2016 and March 2018 are available on these pages. Newsletters produced beginning in April 2018 can be viewed on our new daily newsletter page.
View All Posts
Posted on April 28, 2017 at 7:56 AM by Communications Department
• Dispose of old cans of paints and thinners, accumulated paper and magazines. Check out our Household Hazardous Waste website for resources on how to dispose of household hazardous waste.
• Replace or clean your furnace filter.
• Clean the kitchen exhaust hood and air filter. Keeping your cooking area free from grease will help keep a stovetop fire from spreading.
• Get your heat/ac system and water heater inspected.
• Clean the clothes dryer exhaust duct, damper and space under the dryer.
• Replace all worn extension cords.
• Trim trees and bushes away from the house.