Newport News Now is a daily e-newsletter that launched in March 2016. Articles that ran in our newsletter between March 2016 and March 2018 are available on these pages. Newsletters produced beginning in April 2018 can be viewed on our new daily newsletter page.
View All Posts
Posted on January 19, 2017 at 8:11 AM by Communications Department
1) When and why did you start running?
I started running when I was 5 years old. My PE teacher Mrs. Watkins has a morning movers group and I loved that so that’s what got me started running. When I was 6 years old I found out a bad man killed a police officer in my community. (Trooper Dermyer) I wanted to help so I ran 9 races to equal a marathon to honor his Memory and to raise money for his family. I made my mission to "Run for People Who Can't and I want to continue running forever."
2) What advice do you have for a beginner runner?
Good luck you will do great.
3) What is one thing that running has taught you?
To always try my best.
4) What is your favorite part of the One City Marathon?
My favorite part of One City Marathon is running with a team and taking turns running with my teammates.
5) What race will you be running at the 2017 One City Marathon?