Newport News Now is a daily e-newsletter that launched in March 2016. Articles that ran in our newsletter between March 2016 and March 2018 are available on these pages. Newsletters produced beginning in April 2018 can be viewed on our new daily newsletter page.
View All Posts
Posted on November 29, 2016 at 8:17 AM by Communications Department
• Connecting downtown to the neighborhoods to the east and to Norfolk & Portsmouth by a reimagined 28th Street Garden Bridge and a new Public Pier.
• Influencing transit planning that will include a Bus Rapid Transit stop, and a design for all transit systems to cross the 28th Street Garden Bridge.
• Reusing historic buildings as art spaces and interesting places to live and work.
• Reimagining the intersection of Washington Avenue & 28th Street as the main cross roads in downtown Newport News.
• Enhancing the waterfront as a multi-use destination with a new public pier and other public amenities.