Newport News Now is a daily e-newsletter that launched in March 2016. Articles that ran in our newsletter between March 2016 and March 2018 are available on these pages. Newsletters produced beginning in April 2018 can be viewed on our new daily newsletter page.
View All Posts
Posted on September 28, 2016 at 8:49 AM by Communications Department
- One Accessible City: Pedestrian, Bicycle & Road Safety Enhancement Program – pedestrian crossing improvements at Canon Boulevard and Achievement Way, and a pedestrian median refuge island at Jefferson Avenue and Boykin Lane.
- Bright Lights, Safe Nights Street Lighting Program – Streetlight improvements along Menchville Road between Lucas Creek Road and Riverview Parkway, and upgraded lighting in the Salters Creek area
- Neighborhood Enhancement Program – funds for projects identified through citizen/staff collaboration for traffic calming, sidewalks, handicap accessibility, greenway enhancements, trees, etc.
- Traffic Signal Upgrade – Installation of new traffic signals at Rock Landing Drive and Omni Way, and at Jefferson Avenue and Pavilion Place
- Intersection Improvements – Drainage and safety improvements made to the Warwick Boulevard/Yorktown Road intersection and CSX crossing replacement.
- Median Enhancements/Safety improvement – Removal of existing outdated guardrail system along with piping of drainage ditches and installation of rain gardens along J. Clyde Morris Boulevard at Riverside Regional Medical Center.