Submission deadline November 14 for filmmakers age 11 and up
Downing-Gross Cultural Arts Center is hosting the first annual short film festival, DG Shorties, on Saturday, May 5, 2018 at the Ella Fitzgerald Theater. All filmmakers ages 11 and up are welcome to submit short feature films. Film categories include comedy, drama/narrative, and music video. The festival is split into two age groups: Lil' Shorties - ages 11-15 and Shorties - ages 16 & up.
To qualify films must meet the following criteria:
- Be shot on a smartphone. Apps used can include: iMovie, Powerdirector, LumaFusion, Kinemaster, and/or Adobe Premiere Clip.
- Be no shorter than five minutes and no longer than ten minutes (including credits).
- Music video shorts must include original music with no vulgar language and an artistic vision.
To participate, the film must be submitted by Tuesday, November 14 along with a $25 registration fee. If the submission capacity has not been reached, late entries will be allowed until Tuesday, December 12 with a $35 registration fee. Participants should complete and send a submission form
through one of the following options:
- Email it to email@example.com;
- Fax it to 757-247-8960; or
- Deliver it to the Customer Service Desk at Downing-Gross located at 2410 Wickham Avenue.
Once participants have sent a submission form, an email will be sent with further instructions on how to upload their film and formally send the registration fee. To learn more about the film festival visit the Downing-Gross website