Newport News Now is a daily e-newsletter that launched in March 2016. Articles that ran in our newsletter between March 2016 and March 2018 are available on these pages. Newsletters produced beginning in April 2018 can be viewed on our new daily newsletter page.
View All Posts
Posted on August 14, 2017 at 10:16 AM by Communications Department
School supply giveaway to students during the event
Newport News Public Schools is hosting the 2nd Annual Stand Together for Youth, a resource fair and back-to-school celebration, on Saturday August, 19 at Todd Stadium. From 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. families can connect with youth serving organizations and agencies for valuable resources that promote youth development and well-being.
Enjoy a day of entertainment, performances, demonstrations, exhibits, and interactive presentations. Organizers of the event are also helping to prepare students for school with free school supplies and other giveaways. Free transportation is being provided to families who need a ride to and from the fair. From 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., families can be picked up or dropped off every 30 minutes from the following locations:
• Peninsula Boys and Girls Club, 429 Thorncliff Drive
• Courthouse Green Townhomes, Old Courthouse Way & Hustings Lane
• Warwick Mobile Homes, 12095 Jefferson Avenue
• South Morrison Family Education Center, 746 Adams Drive
• An Achievable Dream Elementary, 726 16th Street
• Doris Miller Community Center, 2814 Wickham Avenue
• Ivy Baptist Church, 50 Maple Avenue
• Living Waters Church, 15611 Warwick Boulevard
• Newsome Park Elementary, 4200 Marshall Avenue
In case of rain, the event’s alternate location is Gildersleeve Middle School located at 1 Minton Drive. For more information, contact Bridget Adams at 283-7850 ext. 10318 or email@example.com