Newport News Now is a daily e-newsletter that launched in March 2016. Articles that ran in our newsletter between March 2016 and March 2018 are available on these pages. Newsletters produced beginning in April 2018 can be viewed on our new daily newsletter page.
View All Posts
Posted on July 20, 2017 at 8:10 AM by Communications Department
• Tuesday, July 25, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Main Street Library, Like a Boss. Learn about business development, types of businesses, business basics and business finance. Facilitated by Jennifer Branham of DAAU Enterprises.
• Tuesday, July 25, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Brittingham Mid-Town Community Center, Shirt Tales: An overview of the screen printing business and operations. Facilitated by Terrence Lockett.
• Saturday, August 5, 12 p.m. to 4 p.m., Denbigh Community Center, Rule the Runway Part 1. Explore the business of modeling and an intro to Fashion Show production. Facilitated by April and Tonia Minor White, Executive Producers, VA Full-Figured Fashion Week.
• Tuesday, August 8, 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Main Street Living a Legacy: How to Start a Non-Profit Organization and Change the World.
• Saturday, August 12, 12 p.m. to 4 p.m., Brittingham Mid-Town Community Center- Rule the Runway Part 2. Learn top modeling strategies including confidence, walking, posing techniques, hair, and makeup.Facilitated by April and Tonia Minor White.