Newport News Now is a daily e-newsletter that launched in March 2016. Articles that ran in our newsletter between March 2016 and March 2018 are available on these pages. Newsletters produced beginning in April 2018 can be viewed on our new daily newsletter page.
View All Posts
Posted on June 20, 2017 at 8:08 AM by Communications Department
• Change the water in birdbaths, ornamental ponds at least twice a week.
• Clean leaf-filled drains to allow proper drainage.
• Fill in or drain any ground depressions on your property.
• Keep grass mowed and shrubbery well-pruned to avoid breeding sites.
• Clean roof areas and leaf-filled gutters to allow proper drainage.
• Ensure that your pool filtration is operational.
• Turn containers, baby pools, and pots upside down when not in use.
• Screen or cover rain barrels, garbage cans and other large containers.
• Properly dispose of old tires.
• Repair leaky water faucets, water hoses and air conditioners.