The purpose of the Wetlands Board is to preserve the City's wetlands and to prevent their despoliation and destruction, and to accommodate necessary economic development in a manner consistent with wetland preservation.
The Wetlands Board is governed by City Ordinance Chapter 44 - Wetlands
- 7 members, with 5 year terms of appointment
- Compensation for service ($50 per meeting)
- Ex-Officio Member: Sharon Neal, Environmental Specialist, Department of Engineering
- 5:30 pm on the third Monday of the month (when advertised) in City Council Chambers
- Meetings last approximately 1-2 hours and are recorded
- Site visitations may take place on the Saturday prior to the Monday meeting