- Meet a minimum of six times a year
- Two hearings a year to review applications for art grants
- 1 School Board representative
- 9 General Public representatives
- 2 Youth representatives
Term of Office
- Three consecutive three year terms of office
- One year term of office for youth (Must be attending secondary school)
The Newport News Arts Commission (NNAC) provides support for arts and cultural activities within the City of Newport News, and activities within Greater Hampton Roads, that serve the City's residents. This support takes the form of General Operating Support Grants and Special Project Grants. Each year the NNAC supports Arts Advocacy Day at the Virginia General Assembly. The NNAC provides funding recommendations to the City Council following the conclusion of the grant application process each July.
The Newport News Arts Commission is a member of Virginians for the Arts and Cultural Alliance of Greater Hampton Roads.