Please Note: Latex paint and electronics are not considered Household Hazardous Waste and are accepted during normal hours of operations.
Schedule of 2023 Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) collection events:
- Monday, March 6 - Saturday, March 11, 8 AM - 4 PM.
- Monday, June 12 - Saturday, June 17, 8 AM - 4 PM.
- Monday, September 11 - Saturday, September 16, 8 AM - 4 PM.
- Monday, December 4 - Saturday, December 9, 8 AM - 4 PM.
Please check back to confirm dates, before arriving. Each household is authorized to bring up to 75 pounds of solids and up to 5 gallons of liquids, to each event.
Examples of Acceptable Materials
All material must be in the original, labeled container.
- Household maintenance products – oil paints, stains, wood sealers, thinners, solvents, adhesives, glues
- Automotive products – gasoline and other fuels, auto batteries, car waxes, oil and gasoline mixtures, brake fluid, fuel additives
- Miscellaneous products – photo finishing supplies, chemistry sets, charcoal fluid, fluorescent bulb/tubes, compact fluorescent bulbs, swimming pool chemicals, rechargeable household batteries, lithium, nickel and Ni-cad batteries.
- Alkaline batteries can be disposed in household trash.
Examples of Unacceptable Materials
- Unknown materials
- Waste containing polychlorinated biphenyl (PCBs) (i.e. coolant from old appliances, transformers)
- Household garbage/trash mixed with any chemicals/fluids
- Business or medical waste
- Explosives, compressed gas cylinders
Please call 757-933-2311 if you have any questions about identification of Household Hazardous Materials and disposal options.