Newport News Parks, Recreation & Tourism Cancels the Newport News Fall Festival
The Newport News Fall Festival, scheduled for October 3 & 4 at Newport News Park, has been canceled. Newport News officials are continuing to monitor and respond to the coronavirus outbreak.
The Newport News Fall Festival is held at Newport News Park, located at 13560 Jefferson Avenue in Newport News, Virginia. One of the largest municipal parks in the country, this magnificent 7,000+ acre oasis is home to an incredible variety of native wildlife - deer, foxes, otters, raccoons, and beavers, to name a few - all found in a natural setting of lush woodlands, flowering meadows, and shimmering lakes. It is home to the 188-site Newport News Park Campground, which is popular with festival vendors and visitors during the festival. A free shuttle bus runs between the campground and the festival.
Directions to Newport News Park
From I-64E, take Exit 247 and turn left onto Jefferson Avenue. From I-64W, take Exit 250B and follow the signs to Newport News Park.
- "No Parking" zones will be strictly enforced on Jefferson Avenue and Ft. Eustis Boulevard during the festival on October 7 and 8, 2017.
- There is a parking fee of $5 per car in both the park and the satellite parking lots.
- Police and Park Rangers will direct you to the parking areas (either inside the park or to satellite parking). Arriving early in the day does not guarantee that you will be parked inside the park or close to the festival area (early arrivals may be parked in areas served by the shuttles).
- Satellite parking is available at:
- Woodside High School (13450 Woodside Lane)
- Greenwood Elementary School (13460 Woodside Lane and Ft. Eustis Boulevard)
- Vehicles displaying handicapped stickers will be directed to handicapped parking areas inside the park or at the satellite lots. The shuttle buses are handicapped accessible.
- Shuttle buses and open-air trams (which run inside the park) to the festival area are free and run throughout the day. Strollers and wheelchairs are permitted. The shuttle buses and trams drop off at the main entrance area of the festival.
Items Not Permitted
For the comfort and protection of everyone, pets, bicycles, skateboards, and radios are not allowed in the festival area.
Newport News offers a variety of accommodations and attractions. The Newport News Visitor Center is located at the main entrance of Newport News Park and is open from 9 AM to 5 PM during the festival. The Newport News Tourism Department will also have a booth at the festival (located across from the Ranger Station).