Wildlife Assistance

Animal Control Officers respond primarily to complaints of sick or injured wildlife. The Animals Services Division provides information on dealing with nuisance wildlife and maintains a list of private wildlife companies who can assist with nuisance wildlife issues. For information on permits to hold wild animals in captivity, contact the Virginia Department of Game and Inland Fisheries at 804-367-1000. Orphaned and injured wildlife are provided care through the Wildlife Rehabilitation Program administered by the Department of Parks, Recreation, and Tourism. Call 757-886-7912 for more information.