About Security Services
Security Services employs Armed and Unarmed Security Officers, Contract Staff, Special Conservators of the Peace, and technical specialists, who provide a wide array of professional security services to the City’s Employees, Facilities, and Visitors. Operating in a dynamic and unpredictable, 24-7-365 environment, the Security Services Team operates in three primary areas: Uniform/Patrol, Physical Security, and ID Badge Office.
- Security officers assigned to multiple City facilities
- Partnering with other public safety agencies for Citywide special events, City Council meetings, etc.
- Coordination with LE partners in high risk incidents at City facilities
- Operation of a security dispatch center, including video and card access monitoring
- Assumption of the City’s 311 calls after-hours
- Security and Risk surveys and assessments
- Coordination of security systems requirements with other departments for camera, alarm, and card access
- Investigative assistance where video and card information is requested
- Crime prevention and active shooter awareness education
ID Badge Office
- Issue, programming, and termination of most City ID badges and assigned access
- Parking Pass management for some City garages
- Operational and administrative support