Vehicles Sold or Moved Out of Newport News

If you sell or move a vehicle from Newport News, you must contact the Commissioner of the Revenue within 30 days so that you are no longer assessed personal property tax for the vehicle.

If the vehicle has been moved out of state, a written statement and a copy of your out-of-state registration is required.