Paymode-X is offered by Bank of America, and it replaces paper checks by electronically depositing payments directly into a designated bank account via ACH (Automated Clearing House). A remittance detail is provided via email advising amount, date of payment, and invoice numbers.
EnrollmentYou can enroll in Paymode-X online. Once enrolled, Paymode-X will notify us, and electronic payments will begin shortly thereafter.
BenefitsYour enrollment in Paymode-X offers many benefits:
- Saves time and money - Paymode-X reduces labor, hassle, expense, and risk associated with checks and other traditional payment methods. There is no charge to receive a payment from us via Paymode-X.
- Enhances cash flow - Electronic payments through Paymode-X provide cash flow benefits by eliminating mail and paper check float.
- Fits with existing systems and banking practices - Paymode-X requires no purchase of software, no modifications to your existing accounts receivable systems, and no changes to your bank or bank accounts.
- Includes detailed remittance information - Paymode-X enables delivery of digital remittance information along with the payment for easier reconciliation. Digital remittance information can be sent via ACH (CCD, CCD+, or CTX) or accessed via online download options. Each time you receive a payment through Paymode-X, you will be sent an electronic notification.
- History of payments - A detailed history of all Paymode-X payments from the City of Newport News will be at your fingertips on the Paymode-X website.
- Going Green - Paperless, electronic payments are more secure, save money, and also help conserve the environment by eliminating printing and mailing paper checks.