- Why are assessments determined annually?
- What is the effective date of an assessment?
- Does the assessor determine the tax rate and the real estate tax?
- Does the assessor set assessment policy?
- Does the assessor control the amount of taxes collected?
- Who is responsible for mailing the real estate tax bills and who collects the tax?
- Will routine property maintenance increase your assessment?
- Do demolitions affect the assessment?
- When are buildings under construction assessed?
- I am building an addition to my already-built house; when will the addition be assessed?
- How are property owners notified of any change made in the assessed value of their property?
- Is it fair for my assessment to increase at a rate greater than the city average?
- How often is my property visited by an appraiser?
- I just bought a house for X dollars; shouldn't the assessment be set exactly at X dollars?
- I'm a retired person, why should my assessment increase?
- What sales or property transfers are utilized when determining assessments?