November is recognized as National Gratitude Month. On November 1, we are kicking off the Attitude of Gratitude Campaign as a way of helping our residents appreciate and focus on the great things happening in their own lives and in our communities. We will spend this month recognizing those who have supported us, made us feel good and helped put smiles on our faces during this time.
- Join in by following the City of Newport News Facebook and Instagram pages for daily inspiration and weekly giveaways. Follow along with hashtags
- Use our free downloadable social profile picture frames to show your gratitude for a person, a group of people, or a place.
- Pick up a free yard sign to write in what you are grateful for and display it in your yard! Visit any of these locations to pick-up a sign:
- Businesses and organizations can request or download a free poster to write in what they are grateful for and display it in their windows.
- Submit a 60-second video on Facebook or Instagram for our Gratitude Contest. See contest rules below.
Share what you’re grateful for with us and win a two-night stay (with breakfast) at the Holiday Inn Newport News.
- One entry per person.
- You must live or work in Newport News and be 18 years or older to claim prize.
- Posts without both of the event hashtags will not be counted.
- Videos cannot include explicit or inappropriate language, nudity or discriminatory content.
- Entrees will not be accepted from social media accounts that have received any violation notices or warnings in the last 60 days due to violations of the city’s social media policy.
How to Enter
- Record and post a video no longer than 60 seconds on Facebook or Instagram sharing who or what you’re grateful for and why anytime November 1- November 19, 2021
- Tag the City of Newport News on Facebook (
@CityofNewportNews) or Instagram (
@CityofNN) and include both of the event hashtags (
#NationalGratitudeMonth) in the caption.
- Encourage people to view your video! The top most viewed videos will be posted on our social media pages for voting. First, second, and third place winners with the most votes will be announced and receive prizes on November 30.