Definition of Occupational Wellness
Occupational wellness inspires us to will gain personal satisfaction and find enrichment in our work. Your attitude about work is a crucial influence for occupational development. Occupational wellness allows you to explore various career options and encourages you to pursue the opportunities you enjoy the most. This dimension of wellness recognizes the importance of satisfaction, enrichment and meaning through work.
Why is Occupational Wellness Important?
Developing occupational satisfaction will allow you to communicate your values through involvement in occupational activities that are gratifying for you. It is also important to identify workplace stress in order to practice conflict management. Conflict management is key to achieving an optimal level of occupational wellness. Choosing what your career will be is a very important life choice. Working takes up a majority of your time during the week, so the way you feel about your work contributes to your overall well-being.
The Route to Occupational Wellness
When you embark on the route to occupational wellness, you will discover what occupational opportunities are out there and which opportunities suit you best. Maintaining occupational wellness allows you to develop unique skills and talents that are both personally and professionally rewarding. Below are some suggestions to begin your journey to occupational wellness.
- Reflect on yourself and your occupational needs.
- Practice open communication and proper conflict management with your colleagues.
- Try to develop open dialogue with your management team to see how you can best further your career.
- Set realistic career goals for yourself and constantly work towards accomplishing these goals.
Occupational Wellness Resources
There is no single way to enhance your intellectual wellness. Below is a list of occupational wellness resources available to you:/p>
- Actively participate in your FUEL assessment.
- Sign up for the Leadership Development Academy.
- Attend various training as listed in Employee Self Service.