- You may add dependents to your insurance either during Open Enrollment or if they lose coverage due to a life qualifying event.
- Dependents are defined as legal spouse (based on the Virginia definition of marriage) and children under the age 26, by birth, marriage, legal custody/guardianship or adoption. Dependent children are covered to the end of the month they reach age 26.
- Life Qualifying Events are defined by the following:
- Legal custody or Adoption
- Loss of insurance coverage.
Click https://apps.nnva.gov/mss/ to access Munis Self-Service to report a Benefit Change-Life Event within 31 days of the Life Qualifying Event.
Please click Report/View Life Events to notify the Benefits Division. You will receive a responding email with further instructions.