Commissioner of the Revenue Biography
Tiffany Boyle was appointed Commissioner of the Revenue, January 1, 2018. As a mom, career business woman and a public servant, Boyle wanted to make a bigger impact in improving the lives of her neighbors in Newport News, a city of which she’s lived for more than 20 years.
With a background in the public and private sector as an employee and entrepreneur, Boyle brings a unique perspective, a new approach, and an extensive array of experiences to the C.O.R office.
Since Day 1, Boyle began adapting and implementing changes to internal and operational policies, supporting the core values of which she governs herself by. She is also responsible for overseeing one of the largest budgets in the city in addition to numerous functions including taxation assessment, amendment, defense and discovery.
Boyle’s Community outreach efforts are swiftly garnering attention statewide. Shortly after taking office, Boyle constructed the “Commissioners and Cans food and fundraiser” to help eradicate the food insecurity issues within the city limits. Since 2011, food insecurity in Newport News has maintained at nearly 17% annually. Since Boyle’s implementation of “Commissioner and Cans” that number has dropped to less than 11% to date.
In 2019 Boyle was named to Inside Business Journal's Top 40 under 40 and Coastal Virginia Business Magazine 2020 Millennial on the Move. She earned her Associates from Thomas Nelson, Bachelors in Business Administration from Virginia Wesleyan University, and a Master’s from University of Maryland in Non-Profit/Association Management.
- Associates Degree, Thomas Nelson Community College
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Virginia Wesleyan College
- Master’s Degree in Management, Focus on Non-Profit/Association Management, University of Maryland University College
- Virginia Commissioner of the Revenue Association - Member
- Virginia Commissioner of the Revenue Political Action Committee – Member 2022 – present, Treasurer 2018-2021
- Access Virginia – Vice President
- International Association of Assessing Officers (IAAO) - Member
- Virginia Association of Assessing Officers (VAAO) - Member
- Virginia Association of Local Elected Constitutional Officers (VALECO) - Member
- Virginia Association of Local Tax Auditors (VALTA) - Member
- Hampton Roads Commissioner of the Revenue Association – Past Chair, Chair 2019-2021
- Virginia Peninsula Foodbank – Board Member
- Virginia Wesleyan University President’s Leadership Council – Member
- Newport News NAACP - Youth Committee Chair
- Virginia College Building Authority Board – Gubernatorial Appointment
- Virginia Minority Business Commission – Legislative Appointment