- Marketplace at Tech Center is a great location for dining, shopping, and entertainment . With Whole Foods as an anchor, the Marketplace boasts of favorites like Stein Mart, DSW, Carters, Five Below, Ulta, Jimmy Johns, Hi Ho Silver, PF Changs, Starbucks, Zoes Kitchen, Sleep Number, Navy Federal, First Watch and more.
- Newport News is home to Patrick Henry Mall, the largest mall on the Peninsula. Anchor stores include JC Penney's, Dillard's, Macy's, and Dick's Sporting Goods. The mall is located on Jefferson Avenue, south of the Newport News/Williamsburg International Airport.
- City Center at Oyster Point offers shoppers upscale retail stores including Ann Taylor Loft, TASTE, The Perfect Setting , as well as a variety of restaurants and services.
- Port Warwick boasts a number of specialty stores in an urban setting along with regularly scheduled entertainment during the summer months. Shops and restaurants include: Fins Seafood, Granma T’s Health Food Store, Schlesinger's Steakhouse, Scratch Bakery, and Tropical Smoothie Café.
- Jefferson Commons, near the intersection of Jefferson Avenue and Bland Boulevard, hosts restaurants and shops such as Kohl's, Off Broadway Shoe Warehouse, Trader Joe's, ULTA, Panera Bread, Silver Diner, T.J.Maxx, Ross Dress for Less, and Justice for Girls among many others.
- The Historic Hilton Village area offers specialty shops including Silverman Furs, Act II, and Danny's Delicatessen, an award-winning sandwich shop.
There are also numerous neighborhood shopping centers located throughout the City.