Brittingham-Midtown Community Center
- 570 McLawhorne Drive
Newport News, VA 23601
- Monday – Thursday: 7 AM - 8 PM
- Friday: 6 AM - 8 PM
- Saturday: 9 AM - 2 PM
- Sunday: Closed
Brittingham-Midtown Community Center Open Recreation Hours:
Brittingham-Midtown Aquatic Center is open for lap swim, water fitness classes, private swim lessons, and family swim. See the monthly Aquatics Calendar for specific days and times for the programs.
Face coverings are required to enter building, and while in the building, except when in the pool. Please enter the building through the pavilion and once inside the building check in at the Aquatics desk. Locker rooms are available for changing, but the showers and lockers are not be available to use at this time.
For specific information about swim lessons or water fitness classes, call 757-591-4573.
Newport News Parks, Recreation and Tourism plans and schedules a variety of affordable activities at the Brittingham-Midtown Community Center including Youth Programs and Active Lifestyles (50+). Whether you are planning your company’s offsite meeting, or your child’s birthday party, the Brittingham-Midtown Community Center has a space designed especially for you.
The multipurpose rooms range in capacity from 30 to 80 seats. The center also features several specialty rooms for your events, including two fully-equipped kitchens, two mirrored dance rooms, and two stages for theatrical rehearsals and performances. The aquatic center, gymnasium, and outdoor pavilion are also available for special events and functions. See the Brittingham-Midtown Community Center Rental Brochure.
To arrange for a tour or to receive more information, please call 757-591-4853.
- For hours, rates, and current programs see our Department Magazine
- See the current month’s Aquatics Division Newsletter & Aquatics Calendar (PDF)
- See the next month's Aquatics Division Newsletter & Aquatics Calendar (PDF) (posted when available)
- For Aquatic Center information, see Facility and Program information
- Only 50m by 25yd multi-use indoor pool in the Hampton Roads region
- Two 1 meter, and one 3 meter diving boards
- 14 foot deep diving well
- Moveable bulkhead for sectioning activities
- ADA accessible ramp
- Retractable roof for natural lighting
- Seating for 500
- Colorado timing system
- Water fitness classes with certified instructors
- Certified American Red Cross Lifeguards
- American Red Cross Learn-to-Swim classes: Private Swim Lesson Request Form
- Host to various competitive and fitness events
- Authorized provider of American Red Cross lifeguarding and water safety instructor courses
- Full-length basketball court with volleyball capabilities
- Court encircled by walking track
- Performance Stage
- Seating for 200
Open Air Pavilion
- 14,000 square feet area
- Two, full-sized basketball courts with tennis capabilities
- 8 flexible use rooms
- Two demonstration kitchens
- Computer lab for instructional purposes