Actions & Resolutions
City Council actions taken on agenda items for the current calendar year are listed below. If you are interested in actions from previous years, they can be viewed by visiting our Meeting Search page.
January 11 Actions & Resolutions
- Ordinance 7762-22: Ordinance Granting Conditional Use Permit No. CU-2021-0009, to Richman Property Holdings, LLC, to Allow for the Operation of an Automobile Body and Paint Shop on a 2.37 Acre Parcel, Located at 529 J. Clyde Morris Boulevard, Zoned M1 Light Industrial
- Ordinance 7763-22: Ordinance Authorizing Zoning Text Amendment No. ZT-2021-0003, Amending and Reordaining City Code Chapter 45, Zoning Ordinance, Article II. Definitions, Section 45-201, Definitions of Certain Words and Terms, to Clarify the Definition of Commercial Parking Lot and Add Definitions for Off-Site Parking Lot and Truck Stop
- Ordinance 7764-22: Ordinance Authorizing Zoning Text Amendment No. ZT-2021-0004, Amending and Reordaining City Code Chapter 45, Zoning Ordinance, Article IV. Summary of Uses by District, Section 45-402, Summary of Uses by District, by Amending Permitted Uses "L" Transportation to Amend Commercial Parking Lots and Add Truck Stop
- Ordinance 7765-22: Ordinance Authorizing Zoning Text Amendment No. ZT-2021-0005, Amending and Reordaining City Code Chapter 45, Zoning Ordinance, Regarding Several Articles Related to the Application Process for Conditional Use Permits, Variances, Special Exceptions and Change of Regulations
- Ordinance 7766-22: Ordinance Authorizing the City Manager to Convey a Portion of City-Owned Property Located Near the Intersection of Lucas Creek Road and Old Lucas Creek Road to the Hampton Roads Sanitation District
- Resolution 13489-22: Resolution in Memoriam For Woodrow M. Brown, Jr.
- Resolution 13490-22: Resolution in Memoriam For Flora D. Crittenden
- Resolution 13491-22: Resolution in Memoriam For William E. Fitzgerald
- Resolution 13492-22: Resolution in Memoriam For Mary Sherwood Holt
- Resolution 13493-22: Newport News Police Department – Asset Forfeiture Funds: Specialized Police Equipment – $100,000
- Resolution 13494-22: Newport News Police Department – Criminal Justice Training Academy Fees: Specialized Training and Supplies – $100,000
- Resolution 13495-22: Waterworks Department – Federal ARPA SLFRF Funds: American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds (SLFRF) Municipal Utility Assistance Program Funding – $4,170,452.99